Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Getting Up


     The only thing I can say I honestly hate is getting up in the morning. It sounds cheesy but that is literally the hardest part of my day.
    
     I hit the snooze button about six times every morning and if the snooze time on my alarm clock weren’t just nine minutes I might have to only hit it twice. I find every reason I can to blame for being late something other than my personal laziness. Like, the fact that my alarm went off at a different time than I thought it would. Or, I had to get my clothes out of the dryer or I had to stick my clothes in the dryer. I went to bed late. My sister used all the hot water in her shower. I didn’t have my socks on the right feet. Every minute in my morning is precious.

     I have become a master at making up time though. Which doesn’t help me get up of course. Putting my hair in a ponytail, dropping a to-go soup in my lunch and eating a Nutri-grain bar for breakfast can buy me about 7 minutes if I time it right.

     Getting up is hard, but I have determined that the number one reason for my misery is that school starts too early. If school started at ten and got out at five what difference would it make? Okay, maybe for some people a lot of difference. But hey, that’s two hours extra of sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment